It's hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet - around one in three of the world's population. Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
WaterAid is looking for a Country Director in Bangladesh to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030.
Working within the South Asia Regional Leadership team, the Country Director WaterAid Bangladesh will:
- Provide strategic leadership to the WaterAid Bangladesh team, build an enabling and collaborating work environment that supports staff to maximise their potential.
- Develop and deliver the country programme strategy aligned to WaterAid's Global Strategy, organisational principles and values.
- Promote fundraising from all acceptable sources and be accountable for effective and transparent use of financial resources.
- Facilitate and strengthen relationships amongst key WASH sector actors and represent WaterAid at the relevant forums within the sector, nationally and internationally.
To be successful, you'll need to have:
- Master's degree qualification in a relevant subject (development studies, social sciences, health, educations or civil engineering)
- Extensive proven experience of working at a senior level with strategic leadership, management and financial accountabilities.
- Track record of leading and managing a multi-disciplinary team of professionals, preferably in water and sanitation sector with proven leadership and empowering management style which builds trust and high performing diverse teams.
- Proven record of raising funds from government and/or international agencies (bilateral/multilateral), managing large budgets with diverse international donor base
- Fully committed to WaterAid's vision, mission and values and a way of working that demonstrates this, with the ability to communicate this enthusiasm to others.
We started because no NGO like us existed. We'll end when no organisation like us is needed. In the meantime, we're making great progress - since 1981, we have reached 25 million people with clean water and, since 2004, 24 million people with sanitation.
We're looking for people who share a commitment to our vision. We're looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best. This is our pledge to you.
Click on 'Apply' to download the job description.
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, send your application, consisting of a letter of interest and a CV to , using Country Director WAB as the subject of the email.
Deadline: 28th July
Please note: To apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Bangladesh.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organisation.
Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted after the closing date for applications.
No recruitment agencies please.