Environmental Finance Data Researcher (2)
The Environmental Finance Center (EFC) at UNC’s School of Government is dedicated to enhancing the ability of governments and other organizations to provide environmental programs and services in fair, effective, and financially sustainable ways.
In support of our mission, the EFC seeks to hire two entry-level researchers in temporary, hourly positions to assist the EFC team on several data projects, including statewide water and wastewater rates surveys. Our projects provide valuable information and tools to managers of environmental service providers (e.g. local governments, water and wastewater utilities, etc.) to assist with financial and environmental decision-making.
The Environmental Finance Data Researchers will work alongside other researchers and students in collecting, cleaning, integrating, and analyzing data, under the supervision of senior staff members. No prior experience with environmental finance data is required, but interest in the field is recommended.
These are initially six-month appointments, but with the possibility (and intention) to extend based on performance and funding. These positions are contingent on availability and continuation of funding.
• Communicating with utilities and local governments by phone and email.
• Researching information online.
• Working with databases and spreadsheets to interpret, enter, clean, test, and compile data from primary and secondary sources.
• Assisting with creating, managing, and editing databases and Excel-based tools.
• Assisting with data analysis and data visualization as needed.
• Coordinating and collaborating with project team and managers.