Experienced Water Management Consultant/Researcher
FutureWater is looking for an experienced quantitative hydrologist for various projects in the Netherlands, Asia and Africa. At FutureWater you work in a dynamic organization, independently or in a team, on both technical and organizational aspects of challenging projects at the interface of water management, agriculture and climate change.
- The requirements for the position are:
- At least seven years of relevant work experience, preferably also abroad
- Proven experience in writing project proposals and successful project acquisition
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrable experience with project management and contact with clients
- Affinity and experience with spatial modelling and programming (e.g. Python, R)
- Good communication skills in English, and in Dutch or Spanish
If suitable and conditions allow, there is the possibility of a permanent employment contract.
FutureWater is a research and consultancy company with the objective of contributing to the sustainable management of water resources. FutureWater focuses on the application and development of scientific methods and concepts to provide advice and solutions in the field of water management, particularly to governments, river basin authorities, and NGOs. Simulation models, Geographic Information Systems, remote sensing and innovative data processing techniques play a key role in this. Activities take place in the Netherlands and abroad.
Location of work
Either our office in Wageningen, Netherlands or Cartagena, Spain, depending on the final selected candidate.
More information or apply?
Send your application letter and CV to .
This position is open until a suitable candidate is found.