Carolina Clear Extension Agent
The County Agent is responsible for working cooperatively with other county and state staff to plan, implement, maintain and evaluate Extension education programs for county, region, and state adult and/or youth clientele.
- 50% - Essential - Program Management, Development & Delivery: (50%) Educate public in specific area of expertise. Cooperate with other staff members to prepare an annual plan of work in 4-H Youth Development, Agribusiness, Food Safety and Nutrition, Forestry and Natural Resources, Horticulture, Livestock and Forages, Row Crops, Water Resources or related field discipline and to implement a county Extension education program.
- 40% - Essential - Outreach: (40%) Teach both adults and youth through personal visitation, group meetings, tours, demonstrations, mass media, and volunteer leader trainings.
- 10% - Essential - Special Projects: (10%) Manages and monitors compliance with Civil Rights requirements, CUMIS, special projects and other initiatives as designated by Extension Field Operations.
Education - Bachelor's Degree
Licenses - Drivers License Class D normal
Education - Master's Degree
- JOB KNOWLEDGE
- Fundamental Job Knowledge - Fundamental working knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures and ability to apply in varied situations
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as Lead - Acts as a Lead by guiding the work of others who perform essentially the same work.
- BUDGETARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- No Budget Responsibilities - No fiscal responsibility for the department's budget.
- Stand for prolonged period
- Sit (stationary position) for prolonged period
- Walk or move about
- Use hands or feet to operate or handle machinery, equipment, etc
- Ascend or descend (i.e. stairs, ladder)
- Position self to accomplish task (i.e. stoop, kneel, crawl)
- Communicate, converse, give direction, express oneself
- Recognize or inspect visually
- Move, transport, raise or lower
*Weight requirement if applicable (per activity, i.e. raise 10 lbs. move 50 lbs.)
- Extends hands or arms in any direction
- Use taste or smell to detect or determine particular flavors or odors
- Perceive, observe, clarity of vision
- Exposure to heat or cold
- Exposure to dust/fumes
- Wet or humid
- Overnight Travel
Standard Hrs: 37.5; Band: 00 (Salary commensurate with education and experience)
July 15, 2019