The Junction Creek Stewardship Committee is seeking an organized, reliable, and hardworking individual to coordinate restoration activities while facilitating research, monitoring, and stewardship projects in the Junction Creek watershed. The Environmental Restoration Intern will work under the direction of the Executive Director and Board of Directors to deliver programs, write reports and present results.
- University or college graduate who has graduated within the last 3 years from an accredited college or university.
- The candidate must be a graduate of a post-secondary degree or diploma.
- The position must be a first full-time employment in the candidate’s field of study.
- Candidates are only eligible to participate in the NOFHC internship program one time.
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Conduct monitoring surveys for water quality, fish assessment, benthic, and creek restoration.
- Data entry and management, write reports to summarize data results.
- Take detailed notes and photographs to track projects
- Assist with coordinating and conducting restoration activities such as garbage clean-ups, tree planting, and shoreline stabilization with local organizations and volunteer groups.
- Manage equipment and supplies.
- Present results to the board, city council, companies, and other stakeholders.
- Share scientific information to the public through social media and newsletter
- Participate in outreach programs, events/festivals, and other programs to educate the pubic.
Qualifications and skills:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Environmental Restoration/Monitoring, Fish and Wildlife Technician, Science Communication Program, Biology or other related field of study.
- Fish identification skills and experience an asset
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Able to work occasional weekends and week day evenings
- Valid Class G Driver's Licence with clean driving record
- Police check required
- Bilingual, with oral and written fluency in French an asset but not necessary
- First Aid and CPR training an asset
Please forward your cover letter and resume as a single PDF document saved as "Firstname.Lastname" with the subject title “Environmental Restoration Intern” to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.