Samarthan-Centre for Development Support
Samarthan is a registered Public Charitable Trust working primarily in the states of Madhya Pradesh and Chattisgarh since 1995. Samarthan is a strategic support organization working with a view to promote participatory governance. We strengthen civil society organisations, Panchayats and Urban Local Bodies to provide a supportive bridge between the voices of the underprivileged. Samarthan in collaboration with Water Aid is implementing a Project “Women and Water Alliance” in Sehore, Khandwa and Indore.
We are seeking applications of suitable candidates for the below mentioned position:
Position: District /Block Coordinator (WASH)
Location: Sehore, Khandwa and Indore
• Train women and youth to conduct drinking water quality tests using Field Testing Kits
• Assessment of institutions and mechanisms facilitating Water security planning with women taking the lead
• Develop a cadre of youth and women for community mobilization and ensure that they are adequately trained and supported through regular advice and handholding support.
• Form and strengthen water user committees at the community level by ensuring 50% representation and leadership by women
• Build capacity of women and youth on community managed Pipe Water Scheme and O&M.
• Build local awareness generation on water quality and water security
• Develop a cadre of water technocrats (women/youth) to help GP and community plans for drinking water
• Encourage greater participation of women in Gram Sabah and other governance institutions.
• Implement social audit/citizen’s score card on water issues, with active participation of women and youth
• Build capacity of GPs around water security and water quality issues. Develop GP-level water security plans for all target GPs
• Build capacity of district and block representatives on water security and on water quality issues.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Post-graduation/Graduation in any stream with minimum 5 years of experience in the development sector and minimum two to three years’ experience in WASH
• Good leadership quality and communication skills
• Basic knowledge of computer, and ability to type in Hindi is essential. Knowledge of MS office is essential for District Coordinators
• Past experience of working in these respective districts of Madhya Pradesh is preferable
Remuneration: The salary is on grounds of work experience and qualifications.
Interested candidates may send their CV (current salary package with salary expectation with two references) to by 28 June 2019.