Manager Urban Programmes
It's hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet - around one in three of the world's population. Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
WaterAid is looking for Manager Urban Programmes to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030.
Working within the Urban Programme Team, the Manager Urban Programmes will
- Develop and implement Urban WASH programme in line with the organisational vision, values and approach as spelled out in Country Programme Strategy and strategic plans.
- Work collaboratively with other programmes for integrating cross-programme activities and functions.
- Ensure compliance of minimum commitments related to key organisational frameworks including water quality, sustainability, E&I at implementation level and identify, evaluate and engage with strategic partners for achieving programme objectives and outputs
- Contribute/lead in designing concepts papers, and funding proposals and keep the Urban Programme abreast with new trends, technologies and approaches as they emerge
- Document and report progress made and learnings during programme implementation.
- Support partners in developing and implementing effective, efficient and inclusive project plans
- Conduct regular programme and project reviews and provide feed-back for improved performance
- Facilitate exposure and experience sharing among partners & stakeholders for wider learning
- Contribute to organisational strategic planning process for reviewing and developing strategic plans
- Provide relevant support and programme data to Programme Quality for six-monthly & annual reports, programme reviews and other need-based reporting to donors and the UK office
- Facilitate technical reviews and post implementation surveys on project sites and lead and contribute in team-building initiatives
- Cultivate and strengthen functional relationships with relevant stakeholders including government and civil society for programme enhancement
- Represent CP programmes at relevant WASH forums for exchange of experiences and knowledge and present programme initiatives to potential donors and stakeholders for exploring new opportunities
To be successful, you'll need to be
- University degree in Civil/Environmental/Public Health Engineering
- Experience of programme management and working with the communities in the field
- In depth understanding of Urban WASH issues of Pakistan, opportunities and challenges of the WASH sector.
- Knowledge of WASH related Forums and networks at national, regional and international level
- Minimum 10 years of experience of programme implementation at community level of which at least 4 year in senior management position with any reputed national/international organisation
- Experience of leading and managing staff
- Experience of developing training programmes and facilitating training activities
- Experience of coaching and mentoring and other capacity building activities
- Strong planning and project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Urdu
We started because no NGO like us existed. We'll end when no organisation like us is needed. In the meantime, we're making great progress - since 1981, we have reached 25 million people with clean water and, since 2004, 24 million people with sanitation.
We're looking for people who share a commitment to our vision. We're looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best. This is our pledge to you.
Click on the link below for the full description of the job:
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, apply through visiting http://wateraid.rozee.pk before the 30 June 2019.
Please note: to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Pakistan.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organisation.
Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications.