Senior Conference Producer
Global Water Intelligence is looking for a Senior Conference Producer to head the team that delivers our flagship event, the Global Water Summit. This annual event brings together around 700 water ministers, utility leaders, CEOs of water industry companies, corporate water users, investors and innovators to address the challenge of bringing water to the world. Working with our experienced content team, the Senior Conference Producer will take responsibility for delivering the agenda for the event.
To do the job well, you will need the following skills:
- Engagement: we don’t expect you to know about water now, but we do expect you to be prepared to get totally engaged with the subject and believe that it matters.
- Intelligence and creativity: there is no formula to get this to work. We have to be clever and we have to be imaginative. For each event, we need to create a fresh excitement that grabs the attention of busy people.
- Social fluency: you have to love a great party. This business is about bringing people together to have fun, do business, and discover the ideas that will shape the future.
- Organisation: pulling off an event with 20 sponsors, 200 speakers, and 700 delegates from 24 different time zones requires a minute attention to detail without losing sight of the big picture.
- Commercial nous: we are in business to have an impact on the world, but we can only deliver that impact if we are a successful business.
The ideal candidate will be a graduate with at least three years’ work experience in the conference business or the water business. The position is based in Oxford, England, but it is a heavily international business and the job requires some travel.
Note that this is not a sales or marketing role. It is a content-oriented position, although there is scope to develop it into a broader management role.
Global Water Intelligence is an ambitious company with around 60 employees spread between Oxford, Austin (Texas) and Shanghai. It publishes market-leading magazines, databases, and reports on the international water industry. Additionally, it runs a series of successful events. It has a unique corporate culture which can be summed up as follows:
- We are global: our market is totally international, and we need to reflect that. We travel a lot and around 40% of our staff don’t come from the UK.
- We work for each other: we do work hard, but not out of fear or greed. It is because we care for each other and it lightens the load of everyone if we all pull together.
- We balance the commercial with the idealistic: We are passionately committed to addressing the world’s water challenges, but we can only do what we do because we are a profitable business.
GWI employees are enrolled on a company pension plan and receive a holiday allowance of 25 days per year. The successful candidate will be encouraged to attend relevant training courses and conferences that help them to develop within their role.
Contract: Full time
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Based at: Media Analytics Ltd, Suite C, Kingsmead House, Oxpens Road, Oxford OX1 1XX, UK
Salary: £35,000 – £45,000 per annum; depending on experience plus performance bonus
The probation period is 6 months.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter explaining why you think you are suitable for the position and your current salary to Jeanette Cowley at email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 19 July 2019.
We will reject any CVs sent without covering letters, or with generic covering letters not tailored to the vacancy.