Analyst (Corporate Sustainability & Climate Resilience)
Cadmus seeks an Analyst to join our Corporate Sustainability & Climate Resilience practice. The Corporate Sustainability & Climate Resilience team focuses on all things climate mitigation, such as the development of greenhouse gas (GHG) inventories and targets, assessing risks and opportunities for clients related to climate change, and developing sustainability strategies and reporting for both public and private sector clients. The practice supports Cadmus’ clients in quantifying GHG emissions, setting GHG targets, reporting on climate and sustainability efforts, developing and implementing corporate sustainability strategy, assessing materiality, and navigating the intersection of climate disclosure and financial performance.
This position primarily focuses on the development of corporate greenhouse gas inventories, greenhouse gas assessment of utility energy efficiency programs, and sustainability reporting for both public and private sector clients. This position conducts primary and secondary research in energy, sustainability, and greenhouse gas categories. Duties will include collecting, tracking and analyzing data, and reporting results. This position also includes assisting with the marketing of the services offered in the Corporate Sustainability & Climate Resilience practice.
Support the Corporate Sustainability & Climate Resilience practice by:
- Organizing and cleaning corporate client energy and emissions data including evaluating sources such as fuel purchase receipts, energy bills, vehicle data, air travel data for the purpose of GHG reporting.
- Conducting independent GHG calculations of Scope 1, 2, and 3 data and avoided emissions calculations.
- Assisting with (and eventually conducting independently) the running of Cadmus’ proprietary Climate Strategy Assessment Tool (CSAT) as a step in our gap analysis offering for CDP clients.
- Developing reports and memos to provide recommendations and document findings to our clients and/or internal project teams.
- Contributing to sections of proposals as assigned, ensuring accuracy of content and adherence to Cadmus format.
- Analyzing data using Excel or other analytical software, identifying trends, and summarizing results.
- Ensuring our GHG calculation sources, including emissions factors and tool versions, are updated annually.
- Creating and editing Power Point decks around practice topics, including sustainability, corporate reporting, inventories, supply chain etc.
- Supporting the implementation of the CDP marketing campaigns ensuring client contact information is up to date, tracking responses, developing marketing packets, and participating in material review and update.
- Supporting additional Practice marketing campaigns as needed throughout the year including development of marketing materials and identifying appropriate target markets.
- Supporting the Practice’s overall work by conducting research, analyzing client materials to be included in various reporting mechanisms, (ex: CDP, GRI, DJSI, TCFD, etc.).
- Monitoring carbon/GHG emissions policies and carbon pricing at the national, regional, and state level.
- Undergraduate degree in Environmental Policy, Science, Conservation or related field and 1 to 2 years of experience.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to proof-read and check own work for quality and consistency.
- Database management/ability to track and organize data items of great complexity.
- Computer proficiency (Excel, Word, etc.).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Strong desire to learn the ins and outs of various GHG and sustainability reporting mechanisms.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Graduate degree in Environmental Policy, Science, Conservation or related field and at least 1 year of experience.
- CDP survey experience or other greenhouse gas reporting initiative experiences. Experience with greenhouse gas inventory tools such as those developed by The Climate Registry, WRI, etc.
- Experience with sustainability reporting, GRI certification preferred.
- Energy efficiency/DSM/utility program experience.
- Policy analysis experience.
This position will be located in either our Oakland, CA; Portland, OR; or Boulder, CO.