Program Coordinator I (Water Program)
WRI’s Water Program works with businesses, governments, and civil society to ensure a water-secure future - addressing both water quantity and quality challenges. We do this through several projects and initiatives around the world. We conduct economic and other analyses to identify water-related challenges globally and, we identify solutions—such as restoring ecosystem services—to alleviate stresses on the world’s water supplies.
WRI’s Water Program is seeking a highly organized and detail oriented individual to support program operations. In this position, you will support and help coordinate operations for the program in the areas of grants and contracts management, financial management, and program administration.
The position will also provide support to the Water Program’s Global Director, in addition to assisting with Water Program meetings and events.
Program/Project Management (25%)
- Responsible for tracking all funding opportunities and entering into online tracking systems
- Process various types of documents for project commitments (i.e. contracts, invoices, and purchase orders)
- In coordination with the Program’s Grants & Finance Specialists, track narrative report due dates, and work with project leads to meet deadlines
- In coordination with the Program’s Communication Specialist, manage core communications labor and track overall communications expenses
- Assist with presentations and other internal and external communications needs
Financial Management (25%)
- Support project financial management, including monitoring monthly expenses and making updates in budgeting software
- Support preparation of grant financial reports in coordination with Program’s Grants & Financial Specialists
Grants and Contracts Management (25%)
- Prepare and maintain work orders and contracts
- Process payments for vendors, consultants, and partners
- Completes and submits Participant Agreements, including processing participant invoices
- Work closely with the Water Program Grants & Contracts Specialist to help staff and external partners understand and meet contract requirements
Administration and Operations (25%)
- Responsible for scheduling team meetings, preparing agendas and collecting and formatting meeting materials
- Responsible for arranging other Program meetings, especially cross-programmatic meetings
- Provides support at events, workshops, and conferences as needed
- Provides administrative support including logistics, travel, and scheduling for the Program’s Global Director
- Related internships or work experience. Experience working for a non-profit and/or in a international development setting preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
- Familiarity with MS Office (such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Interest in International Development and the Environment
- US work authorization is required for all WRI US opportunities. WRI cannot offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity.