4 Project Coordinators (District Level)
WASSAN (Watershed Support Services and Activities Network), Hyderabad since 1999: WASSAN is a network based organisation focusing on improving the quality of mainstream programs in natural resources management and livelihoods. It engages actively in policy advocacy initiatives at state and national level mainly related to rainfed areas. WASSAN has contributed substantially to development of watershed policies in various states and at Government of India. WASSAN is also working with various partners in different States as part of RRA Network on rainfed agriculture related agenda.
WASSAN is partnering with Government of Odisha on Special Programme for Promotion of Millets in Tribal Areas. This will be implemented in 14 Tribal districts in Southern Odisha. The project aims to improve millet production through organic/sustainable agriculture practices, set up processing units, provide market linkages through farmer collectives and include millets in state nutrition programmes.
- The Project Co ordinator will co ordinate with NGOs, Community organisations and government officials in the villages of the project area located in 14 Districts of Odisha.
- The Project Co ordinator will support NGOs on organic millet cultivation, processing and market linkages.
- Project Co ordinator will be responsible for training management, regular field visits and handholding support to NGOs wherever necessary
- Project Co ordinator will be responsible for daily project management - both organizational and substantive matters – budgeting, planning and general monitoring of the project.
- Project Co ordinator will be responsible for facilitating monthly review of the program by District Administration and ATMA.
- Project Co ordinator will be responsible for reporting on project progress vis-à-vis indicators in the log-frame to ATMA at District Level and State Secretariat at State Level.
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s/Master degree in Agriculture & Allied Sciences with 2 years of field experience in sustainable agriculture practices.
- Candidate with Masters Degree in Rural Development/Social Work/Tribal Studies/ Agribusiness with 4 years of experience in sustainable agriculture are also eligible to apply.
- Experience of working on millets would be an added advantage.
- Candidate must have experience of working with NGOs and Government officials.
- Candidate should be self driven in bringing in new ideas.
- Candidate must be well versed with Ms Office; knowledge of Gnatt charts, indicator preparation. Knowledge of basic accounting will be an additional advantage.
- Candidate will be stationed in the district and has to travel extensively for field visits and to Bhubaneswar as per the need.
- Candidates with experience of working in Odisha will be preferred.
Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Odiya is a must. Working knowledge of Hindi is an advantage.
The Maximum CTC offered for the position is 3.6 Lakh excluding TA/DA per annum. TA/DA shall be paid as per organizational policy.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates may send in their resume along with a brief note on their interest in the job; one passport size photograph; and two references to the email id to . Candidates are requested to mention the position name and district name in the subject line of the email. WASSAN is an equal opportunity provider and encourage women professionals with the relevant experience to apply.
WASSAN retains all rights to reject applications or withdraw the job offer without providing further information. WASSAN may or may not recruit the applicants for the job.
Last date for Application is April 30th 2019