Water Conservation Specialist
- We Are Team Gilbert
Gilbert, AZ is one of the fastest growing communities in the United States. We are the 5th largest city in Arizona, the 85th largest in the U.S., and have been named the #1 Safest City in Arizona, the 3rd Most Livable City in the U.S., as well as one of Arizona's Most Admired Companies to Work For.
But there is more work to be done!
Come be a part of the team tasked with making Gilbert the City of the Future! Team Gilbert is focused on keeping the thriving community that Gilbert is today well into the future. Stagnation isn't an option, we choose our mission to: Anticipate, Create, Help people. This means that we anticipate change, create solutions, and help people and businesses.
Team Gilbert is a high-performing, collaborative team of innovators whose work makes our community better every day. We hire people who share our aspiration to be driven, kind, bold, and humble.
Join Team Gilbert, not just in choosing the future, but creating it: https://youtu.be/GEQEgVPku9I
- We Are Seeking
Gilbert has an exciting opportunity for a Water Resources Specialist who is innovative, driven, and passionate about water conservation. The Water Resources Specialist identifies causes of high water consumption and customizes solutions to reduce water use. This position educates the public on where Gilbert water comes from, the importance of conservation, and tangible actions to save water. This position also maintains Gilbert's compliance with the Arizona Department of Water Resources.
At Team Gilbert, we hire outcome-oriented problem-solvers who love what they do! Here are some position requirements:
- Associates degree (A.S., A.A.) or two-year technical certificate in Environmental Science, Sustainability, Public Administration, Landscape Architecture, Horticulture, or related field
- 2 years of experience in customer service
- 1 year of experience conducting facility water audits or outdoor irrigation audits; implementing public programs in water or environmental conservation, life sciences, or water resources; reviewing building/landscape plans
- Any combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the role
- Valid Arizona Driver's License
- Thorough working knowledge of Arizona's water resources and policies governing use as well as urban landscape irrigation principles, methods, and water efficiency technology;
- Diplomatic in building relationships with customers, other stakeholders, and outside organizations;
- Exceptional skilled communication, both verbal and written;
- Eager to innovate, adapt, and improve processes as needed
This position is an At-Will position and is FLSA Exempt – not eligible for overtime compensation.
- About You
The ideal candidate for this position will be passionate about talent management and the employee experience. We're looking for a solution-oriented individual who researches and produces tangible actions to save water in the Gilbert community. This position requires someone who is adept at finding common sense, well-reasoned approaches to difficult problems.
The Water Resources Specialist represents Gilbert to key water stakeholders, and embraces the challenge to be driven, kind, bold, and humble. This person is excited and passionate about educating the community about water – where it comes from and how to conserve it. Strong written and verbal communications are required as well as emotional intelligence and interpersonal savvy. The Water Resources Specialist should quickly establish themselves as a trusted resource of knowledge for all things water in Gilbert, AZ.
- Up For the Challenge?
In addition to a competitive salary, Gilbert offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes self-funded medical and dental plans, life insurance, disability, pension, tuition reimbursement and more.
Join Team Gilbert and make an income while making an impact! If you are looking for an opportunity to make a visible contribution to our community, and get excited about doing interesting work that matters, then why not click that "Apply" button at the top there? We can't think of a better place to put your talents to work.
Let's get this adventure started!
Gilbert provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.