Australia nationals: Multiple Member Vacancies
River Improvement Trusts are established to protect and improve rivers. They are responsible for improving the flow of water in rivers to correct erosion and reduce the impact of flood waters.
As a member of a Trust, you will have responsibility for the following:
- Participate in Trust meetings. Approximately 2-12 meetings annually. Attend field/site/project inspections as directed and required.
- Identify, develop, and implement project schedules and plans.
- Apply standards, legislation, policies and procedures relevant to Trust business.
- Effectively represent and engage with the community, industry and groups with regards to increasing awareness and understanding of river improvement, catchment management and conservation.
- Develop and present timely communication material and events to the community and stakeholders, in line with appropriate communication and engagement plans and policies.
- Collaborate with Trust staff, community groups, government and non-government agencies to plan and deliver projects.
- Establish and maintain positive stakeholder relationships.
- Other duties as directed and required.
To apply please provide the following information:
- Your current resume, including contact details for 2 referees
- A brief letter (1-2 pages) telling us why you are interested in this role. This should not be a restatement of your resume. It is your opportunity to tell us about yourself, how you meet the capabilities, what you'll bring to the role and what you'll get out of it.
This opportunity will be remunerated in accordance with Queensland Government guidelines. The Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy wants our boards and committees to reflect the diverse community we represent - valuing different expertise, experience and backgrounds. We recognise that diversity brings new perspectives, drives collaboration and innovation, and influences our relationships with one another and the community.
For a full list of the Trust member responsibilities, please ensure you download the attached role description and remuneration procedures for part-time chairs and members of Queensland Government bodies.
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply
Multiple vacancies available
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.
- REMUNERATION PROCEDURES (PDF, 808KB)
- 301657 19 Role Profile (Word, 83KB)