Australia nationals: Commissioner for the Victorian Environmental Water Holder
- Are you passionate about the environmental health of our rivers and wetlands?
- Would you like to apply your skills in environmental management, economics, water or public administration to making a difference to the environment?
- Are you excited by the opportunity to guide a committed and enthusiastic entity to make decisions about the use of a highly valued resource in a challenging climate?
The Victorian Government is seeking suitably skilled candidates to contribute their experience and knowledge to improving the environmental health of rivers, wetlands and floodplains by registering an expression of interest for a Commissioner role with the Victorian Environmental Water Holder (VEWH).
In its eighth year of existence, the VEWH has the critical responsibility of holding and managing Victoria's environmental water entitlements. The VEWH:
- makes decisions on the most effective use of the Water Holdings, including use, trade and carryover;
- liaises with other water holders to ensure coordinated use of all sources of environmental water;
- authorises waterway managers to implement watering decisions;
- commissions targeted projects to demonstrate ecological outcomes of environmental watering at key sites;
- publicly communicates environmental watering decisions and outcomes.
With the terms of four existing Commissioners, including the Chairperson, expiring on 30 June 2019, the Minister for Water, the Hon Lisa Neville MP, is inviting expressions of interest in these positions.
All applicants must be Victorian residents, and at least one of the positions must be filled by a person of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent who is living in Victoria. Applicants are required to have knowledge of, or experience in, one or more of the following fields:
- environmental management;
- sustainable water management;
- public administration.
Understanding Aboriginal traditional ecological knowledge and values associated with environmental water will also be highly regarded.
Applicants are required to apply online via the Get on Board website – getonboard.vic.gov.au (search under vacancies).
Applicants with further enquiries or those with difficulties in accessing the documents should contact the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning on 03 9637 8218 or firstname.lastname@example.org