Outreach Program Manager
The Outreach Program Manager is responsible for providing coastal stakeholders with outreach and applied research relevant to the University of Wisconsin Aquatic Sciences Center (ASC) mission and administering a multi-county outreach program based at the Lake Superior Field Office. ASC administers the University of Wisconsin Sea Grant Institute (SGI) and the Wisconsin Water Resources Institute (WRI), which support multidisciplinary research, education and outreach for the protection and sustainable use of Wisconsin's water resources. These two statewide programs receive federal and state funds as well as other funding compatible with the ASC mission. For more information visit the SGI website at www.seagrant.wisc.edu and the WRI website at www.wri.wisc.edu.
Three years of professional experience relevant to the delivery of science outreach in a coastal setting is required. This may include relevant applied research or outreach associated with graduate studies. Preferred candidates will have experience and knowledge relevant to the practice of coastal engineering, ecosystem management or environmental economics.
1. Excellent written, interpersonal, and group presentation communication skills.
2. Ability to work effectively in a team setting with staff, constituents and partners with varying backgrounds, interests, and abilities in an atmosphere of mutual respect.
3. Ability to plan, lead and manage projects within deadline and budget parameters and to achieve measurable results.
4. Demonstrated ability to secure extramural funding and lead applied research and outreach efforts.
5. Adaptability and flexibility in evolving situations.
6. Ability to travel to outreach locations statewide and nationally.