Water Resources Intern
Stone Environmental seeks an early-career professional to assist our Water Resources Management team with field work and data management over the summer months.
This is a full-time position from May through August 2019, with the possibility of extending work into the fall.
Responsibilities & Required Skills
Duties will involve sampling and assessment of stormwater infrastructure, routine sampling and maintenance of water quality monitoring stations, equipment troubleshooting, and data collection and management using ESRI Survey123 and Microsoft Excel.
The following skills are required to be considered for this position:
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Self-motivation and keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently and safely in a variety of environments, including streams, roadways, and farm fields.
- Candidates must be able to lift catch-basin grates (up to 100 lb.) using a grate hook.
- Valid drivers license is required for travel to field sites.
A minimum of two years of post-secondary education.