Portable Water Supervisor
CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
The Portable Water Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring standard treatment of water & managing the water treatment plant & the entire water production process.
- To support the Facility Manager in providing potable water services to the camp in Malakal.
- To work on the basis of a 48 hour week to complete the duties as required by the project & client.
- Be responsible for the production of potable water to the correct standards required by the camp.
- Ensure that the Water Treatment Plant (WTP) is correctly operated as per the manufacturer’s instructions & the Standard Operating Procedure by both Potable Water Supervisor & Potable Water Officer.
- Ensure there is sufficient potable water is produced daily to supply the camp & that there is a minimum of 5 days held in the potable water tanks.
- Liaise with the Environmental Health Technician (EHT) to have weekly water Test/Inspection carried out & to record the results for auditing purposes.
- Responsible for the Water Treatment Plant equipment's & ensure it is fully operational & that maintenance, cleaning is carried out on a planned & reactive maintenance basis.
- Recording of WTP information for audit & reporting purposes.
- Responsible for chemical storage & that it is correct & personnel are aware of the hazards & understand & have signed the chemical data sheets.
- Responsible for the accounting of WTP consumable items & other stock items & produce a report on the weekly usage.
- Ensure the Potable Water team adhere to the Health & Safety procedures for the site & infringements are reported immediately.
- Adhere to the CTG contract.
This role reports to the Facility Manager & Project Manager.
- Knowledge & experience in the water treatment & supply.
- Water chemical management to meet required standard.
- Availability to ensure full time supply of water.
- Knowledge on water treatment chemicals, maintenance, usage & storage.
S/He will work with 1 or 2 more staff in the Water Treatment Plant.
Candidates who can start work immediately would be highly desirable.