The Safi Sana Group is currently finalising its new strategy, building on the success from the Ashaiman Plant in Ghana and preparing for significant growth over the next 3 years. To achieve this growth, we are restructuring the Group’s resources to ensure we are fit for purpose.
To support this transition, we are recruiting a Business Controller who will play a critical role in leading the business, working closely with the Managing Director and Program Director as a Senior Management Team to drive the business from the current operations in Ghana through to expansion in new countries. The Business Controller will be an exceptional individual who has demonstrable skills in both Finance and Operations.
The Business Controller will be responsible for:
- The financial underpinning and testing of multiple business cases and projects, including calculating / assessing investment proposals, reporting and analyzing margin, turnover, direct and indirect costs and advising on improvements on Group activities
- Ensuring robust financial processes across the Group – forecasting/budgeting/setting KPIs/monitoring and evaluation/process improvement
- Leading supply chain management processes and complex analyses on margins, negotiation results and profitability;
- Oversight of Plant Operations, ensuring best practice is promoted both in terms of technical content and processes and steer performance improvements (plant design and data monitoring) and team working
- Working closely with the Managing Director, you will be involved in the strategic plans for new projects, you will also be assigned ad-hoc projects and you will do data analysis so that you can provide the management with accurate and accurate information.
- Being a bold advocate for the Safi Sana approach to financial and technical audiences
- Reporting to the MD.
During the first six months of the role, the following milestones will be expected:
- Assess and develop financial and plant operational management processes to ensure efficient running
- Develop and test financial models for the Safi Sana approach, at Plant and Group level; working with the Ghana plant and preparing new cases for other countries.
- Develop and monitor KPIs on all sales and operations actions [and align with the local Commercial Manager in Ghana]
- Work closely with the MD as a Senior Leadership Team to:
- support the design of a capacity building DBOT program, establishing partnerships, improve impact monitoring processes;
- support the Business Development operation in program design and application process;
- support KPI monitoring of the Ashaiman plant and the community program;
- other tasks as deemed necessary to support strategic leadership of the Safi Sana Group.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate the following experience and expertise:
- Strong financial management and leadership
- Exceptional operations and project management skills
- Experience in components of the circular economy – WASH, waste management, agriculture, renewable energy
- Leadership of complex teams, ability to inspire teams working remotely
- Proven track record in managing complex contracts with a range of investors
- Proactive approach, externally focused and future oriented with clear results oriented focus
- Strong network in logistics, production and sales
- Experience of building business plans and defining ways to identify gaps, opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Relevant degree at university level (MBA, Business Economics)
- Experience of working in Low Income Countries will be an advantage
The role will be based at the Safi Sana office in Weesp/Amsterdam with international travel.
In the first instance, please send cv and cover letter to
stating why you are the ideal candidate for this role. Please ensure you have the role name within the subject heading.
Recruitment timeframe: ASAP