Intern on Climate Change
In Climate Change UNDP works to support the countries in developing, promoting and implementing policies and actions in the framework of the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change.
UNDP has been working across the following Climate Change Adaptation Signature Programmes:
- Integrated Climate Change Strategies: UNDP supports countries to formulate Integrated Climate Change Strategies that will assist national and sub-national governments to develop and strengthen policies, institutions, capacities and knowledge for integrated green, low-emission and climate resilient development. It also involves utilizing a full range of supportive financing mechanisms to support that development.
- Advancing Cross-sectoral Climate Resilient Livelihoods: The UNDP is scaling up climate resilient livelihoods and risk management. This includes advancing Climate Resilient Livelihoods, supports countries to advance sustainable economic development in rural areas in the face of climate change. Assistance is also provided to strengthen climate information and early warning systems for climate resilient development in developing countries.
- Ecosystem-Based Adaptation: The UNDP supports countries to maintain and enhance the goods and services provided by biodiversity and ecosystems to support resilient livelihoods, food, water and health. We assist countries to preserve and restore natural ecosystems that can provide cost-effective protection against climate change threats.
- Fostering Resilience for food security
- Climate Resilient Integrated Water Resource and Coastal Management: The UNDP supports countries to promote integrated, ecosystem-based, climate resilient management of the world’s major freshwater and marine trans-boundary waters systems through improved water and ocean governance.
- Supporting Integrated Climate Change Strategies