Alluvium is proudly an employee-owned consulting firm providing water resource, river, catchment, waterway, urban water, and the coastal zone solutions. We believe in the application of creative thinking, robust science, and practical engineering. We provide solutions in public policy, strategy, technical investigations, project planning, approvals, engineering design, construction, and stakeholder engagement.
We focus on waterways and their catchments in both a rural and urban setting. We have diverse clients in the government (federal, state and local), water, property, resources, agricultural and transport sectors. We make a difference to the world we live in. Our commitment to our clients and technical competence has seen us successful in the BRW Client Choice Awards and BRW/BOSS 50 Best Places to work awards.
About the role
The role advertised is based in Rockhampton and will be seconded full time to the Fitzroy Basin Association (FBA) to assist in their river and gully remediation programs.
FBA is a community-based organisation that works to protect natural assets, improve adoption of modern and environmentally-friendly land management practices. The FBA is increasing their program of works to improve water quality entering the Great Barrier Reef and this role will help support the implementation of these programs.
What you'd do:
- Apply your engineering skills to plan, design and implement stream and gully remediation works
- Work with Alluvium’s engineers, geomorphologists and planners
- Interpret scientific and engineering information
- Assist in providing technical oversight and project management
- Work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders
Required skills and experience:
- At least 2-5 years experience in civil and/or environmental engineering
- Skills and experience in waterway management and/or civil construction
- Experience working within a team to achieve desired outcome
- Ability to work autonomously
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills