Australia nationals: Flood Management Officer
About the Role
The Flood Management Officer contributes to the implementation and delivery of flood management activities in the Department for Environment and Water, including flood risk assessment, flood data management, community education and development of flood management policy and procedures. The Flood Management officer provides advice, prepares briefings and reports as required.
Essential Qualifications and Professional Expertise
- A Tertiary degree in engineering, Natural Resource Management, Science or equivalent is essential.
- An emphasis on surface water hydrology or floodplain hydraulics or relevant post-graduate qualifications is desirable.
- Knowledge or experience in flood management, water resource management or hydrology is essential and professional knowledge of emergency management is desirable.
- Part time (22.5 hours per week) up until 31 December 2019
- Will be required to participate in fire management and associated duties.
- Current class “C” driver’s licence and willingness and ability to safely operate a 4wd is essential.
- Inter and intrastate and remote area travel is required, including travel in light aircraft.
- May be required to work outside of the normal hours of work including weekends and public holidays.
- May be required to participate on a roster system for duties associated with emergency response including on call and standby arrangements.
$63,019 - $76,961 per annum (PO1), adjusted according to part time hours worked)
Ingrid Franssen Acting Manager, Flood Management 08 8463 6984
- All applications must be submitted online.
- Applicants are required to submit a resume and letter of application (max 3 pages) addressing the technical, Professional / Knowledge and Experience (including Qualifications) outlined in the Role Description. For further information, please refer to the applicant guidelines
- All applicants are required to submit a Pre-Employment Declaration.
Applications close: 14/02/2019 11:00 PM
- Applicant Guidelines.pdf
- Role Description - Flood Management Officer.pdf
- SA Public Sector Pre Employment Declaration.pdf
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.