Data Curation Librarian (Montana Consortium for Research on Environmental Water Systems (CREWS))
Montana State University
Bozeman, MT, United States
Advanced Degree (Master's or JD)
30 January 2019
9 days remaining
- Work with CREWS research teams to establish and document the workflows and policies necessary to generate internally shared and publicly-shared data products, including: assessing data management and sharing needs, establishing standards for various formats of data and metadata, and assessing storage, security, and archival needs.
- Develop a data management and sharing platform using existing Montana University System and public resources such as Box cloud storage and established data repositories, with an eye toward open data requirements and data interoperability.
- Assist researchers in use of software to automate metadata generation and data management workflows to support the interoperability and reuse of data products, both internally within the CREWS research team and externally for published data.
- Conduct training in data curation for CREWS team members and the broader MUS research community.
- Facilitate partnerships with data repositories for CREWS data publication.
- Support data management partnerships among Montana University System libraries.
- Participate in Library Data Services, including data management planning and data curation consultations, developing technologies and services that support data management and “collections as data” at MSU, and participating in Library committees, working groups, meetings, and events.
- Master’s degree from an American Library Association-accredited graduate program or advanced degree relevant to informatics and/or Library & Information Science.
- Experience or training in data curation, including metadata generation and management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of scientific data management policies and practices to support internal data sharing and external open data publishing.
- Experience with data repositories and experience with data sharing and reuse.