Project Management Assistant
The Project Management Assistant supports the project coordinator in the project management and implementation of several projects by providing 1) administrative support for the project management activities of the projects; 2) logistical and organisational support for selected implementation activities of the projects and 3) communication support (internal and external). S/He keeps relevant contacts with concerned project partners and stakeholders, designs and produces reports and organises online and international meetings/events.
We offer a dynamic and challenging position in an international environment. The Project Management Assistant will have the unique opportunity to support several innovative projects that are focused on Africa and Europe, involving more than 35 diverse partner organisations on these two continents. The tasks will be challenging since project coordination has to ensure the delivery of concrete project outputs by the various partners at pre-determined and fixed dates.
- Assist the project coordinator in the day-to-day management and implementation of projects
- Monitor the progress and achievement of project activities
- Communicate effectively with project partners worldwide to ensure successful delivery of tasks and deliverables
- Facilitate communication & collaboration among partners through mailing lists, intranet tools and online collaborative tools
- Regularly and structurally gather and save data/documents in the project information tools (incl. version management)
- Maintain a Risk Management Register and Change Management Register
- Contribute to the finance and activity reporting to funders
- Contribute to the annual work planning and reporting
- Monitor time writing & costs attributed to the projects
- Organise online and international meetings/events
- Prepare agendas, take minutes and keep track of action points
- Maintain the projects’ mailboxes
- Book flights, hotel & meeting venues and assist with visa applications;
- Post-event coordination, such as processing declarations
- Contribute to the project’s online presence (websites, social media, newsletter, MOOCS, webinars, etc.)
- Edit documents following specific templates and formats
- Design, order and restock promotional materials (flyers, posters, banners, etc)
- Other “ad hoc” project administration tasks.
- BSc Degree and/or comparable experience within the areas of project management and administration;
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience as Project (Management) Assistant or similar position;
- Results-driven, strong team spirit and flexible;
- Adept to thrive in a multi-tasking environment; proactive attitude and able to work independently; patient and persistent; diligent, structured and accurate;
- Able to work under pressure and manage partners to deliver outputs according to (tight) deadlines;
- Experience with working in an international environment, especially in Africa;
- Excellent interpersonal skills within a multi-national and multi-cultural context; ability to deal with a wide range of partners;
- Excellent command of English, other UN languages (especially French) are an asset
- Very strong verbal and written communications skills; ability to disseminate information and to make requests in a clear and persuasive manner
- MS Office Suite in-depth knowledge essential;
- Knowledge of databases, ERP and/or Project admin tools is an asset;
- Experience with WordPress, Google Analytics and social media promotion scheduling
- Knowledge of Research funding programmes (e.g. H2020, ESA, or similar) would be an asset
Terms of employment
This position is a 2 year contract (38 hours per week), with the possibility of extension for up to four years. The position is based in Delft, The Netherlands. A competitive salary (grade 10) is offered depending on qualifications and experience in accordance with the conditions of employment for Dutch Universities. The appointment implies entry into the Netherlands' Civil Service Pension Fund (ABP). Candidates must be prepared to carry out short-term missions abroad.
Information and application
Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements, and can be sent until including 28 January 2019 curriculum vitae, motivation letter and the names and contact details of two contactable referees (all together as one PDF file with your family name as the filename), to IHE Delft, attn. Human Resource Management (E: ), PO Box 3015, 2601 DA Delft, The Netherlands, stating vacancy-number 19-IWSG-01.