Advisor (m/f/d) Strategic Partnerships for the Implementation of the Paris Agreement
The project contributes to the EU's climate diplomacy efforts in 15 non-European major economies (non-European G20) to promote the implementation of the Paris Agreement (PA). It translates the political commitment for advancing bilateral dialogues and cooperation in the field of climate action into concrete interventions in line with the global ambition level as set by the PA. The project objectives are to facilitate the exchange of climate policy options and good practices with a view to enabling policy changes, to advance bilateral cooperation and investment in pursuit of the goals of the Paris Agreement/Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) and to contribute to improving public awareness. The project is being implemented in close collaboration with the European Commission (EC) and the European External Action Service (EEAS) and is jointly funded by the EU and the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU).
- Assist commissioning bodies in following up on EU bilateral climate policy dialogues with major economies
- Responsibility for co-developing and implementing country engagement strategies in selected partner countries, including planning, organizing and communicating on bilateral cooperation activities on policies and measures
- Close co-operation with EU Delegations in partner countries
- Advising and providing guidance to the project team and partners on the thematic axes of the project (mitigation, mid-century strategies/renewal of NDCs, climate transparency and adaptation) as well as other key climate policy issues
- Ensuring quality standards in GIZ project management and administrative procedures of the commissioning bodies
- Master in environmental sciences, engineering, political science, economics or equivalent
- Several years experience in advising and working in/with non-European major or emerging economies
- Excellent understanding of energy and climate policy instruments, tools and methodologies, with a specific focus on long-term climate planning
- Experience in project management and with related procedures of GIZ and/or of the commissioning bodies
- Diplomatic skills, climate diplomacy understanding, skillful handling of politically sensitive issues
- Sound analytical skills, strategic thinking, smart networking as well as good communications as well as intercultural skills
- Good organizational skills, results-oriented and independent implementation of tasks
- Fluency in English and a second European language, good command of Chinese and/or Russian would be an asset
Traveling within Europe and to Partner countries is required.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.