Consultant Project Officer: RESILIENCE Project
The International Water Management Institute (IWMI) is seeking a candidate primarily with research experience in agriculture/water management, and having good management and data analysis skills. Consultant will be based at Jorhat, Assam, India, but is also expected to contribute to project activities in Odisha.
To provide technical and management support to the activities under the RESILIENCE project “Building Climate Resilience of Indian Smallholders through Sustainable Intensification and Agro-ecological Farming Systems to Strengthen Food and Nutrition Security” that would be implemented in Assam and Odisha from 2018 to 2021. Project activities would be implemented in two districts of Assam (Sivasagar and Golaghat) and Odisha (Ganjam and Cuttack). The project is being undertaken with several partners: Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology, Odisha, India; National Rice Research Institute, Odisha, India; Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat, Assam, India; and M. S. Swaminathan Research Foundation (MSSRF), Chennai, India. The candidate is expected to work closely with these partners.
Duties and responsibilities
- In collaboration with partners, assist in the overall implementation and management of socioeconomic surveys. This includes the following:
- Assisting in the provision of training to enumerators
- Data quality management: screen data collected
- Post-survey household data analysis
- Assist in field demonstration of on-farm water management practices. This includes the following:
- Collecting biophysical and socioeconomic data of demonstration plots
- Installation and pre-testing of technical instruments on the farm
- Develop data collection protocol, and regular data collection and analysis
- Provide management and logistic support for the entire project activities
Duration: One year
This is a nationally recruited position and only citizens of India are eligible to apply. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Your application must include a copy of your curriculum vitae, including previous experience, together with a cover letter and the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees.
Requirements and experience
- Preferably a master’s degree in agriculture, hydrology, environment, water resources and/or engineering; others with relevant experience could also apply
- Ability to function independently
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications
- Good written and spoken English skills; and knowledge of the local language (Assamese)
- One to three years of work experience in the field of agriculture and water management
- Knowledge of geographic information systems (GIS) and data analysis software