Content Officer (World Water Week and Prizes)
SIWI seeks a dynamic and professional content officer to join the World Water Week and Prizes department. This department is responsible for delivering World Water Week – the leading, annual global event on water and development; and the Stockholm Water Prize and Stockholm Junior Prize.
This role will be responsible for supporting the Scientific Programme Committee in the delivery of the seminars at World Water Week – which, in 2019, will be held at the Tele2 Arena. You will be part of an experienced team of highly skilled professionals.
The person we are looking for is operational and hands-on, is not afraid of asking for support and a team player. You have an eye for details at the same time as you can relate to the big picture and you are extremely well-organized. You have experience coordinating committees and, ideally, organizing small events. Our values of inclusivity, quality, passion and integrity resonate with you. This position will work closely alongside the entire team and the seminars team: The Scientific Programme Committee and co-convenors. Your ability to establish good relationships will be key to maintaining the quality of the seminars and its delivery.
Responsibilities include the coordination of the abstract submission and review process, coordination of the financial supported delates and liaison point for the seminar teams and abstract submitters. Good customer service and smooth execution of all processes is expected.
The contract is permanent with a 6-month probation period.
- Project planning and implementation, including involvement of appropriate parties
- Budget management
- Producing relevant documentation for different processes – i.e. abstract review, abstract book, scientific publication associated with the conference
- Coordinating the financial support process – from receiving applications to reporting to donors.
- Liaison point for different actors – seminar teams, abstract submitters, travel agency…
- On-site coordination of seminars
Preferred skills and experience
- Education in fields relevant to the position and its responsibilities.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrated experience in being liaison for different teams.
- Demonstrated success in coordinating the content planning processes and delivery of sessions/conference.
- Understanding the development and the managing of budgets.
- Understanding the processes of working with donors.
- Fluent English. Swedish and other languages is a merit.
How to apply: Please submit your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27 January 2019. As soon as successful applications are received, interviews will be organised.
Further information can be provided by Adele Nerelius HR Officer, +46 720 50 60 24 or Adrian Puigarnau, Content Senior Manager, +46 720 50 60 56 /