(Senior) Project Manager (Climate security and climate diplomacy)
Your working field
Climate change is one of the biggest challenges for the 21st century, not least in view of the risks it entails for peace and international security. adelphi has been working on climate-fragility risks for many years, in cooperation with the German Foreign Office and many other ministries, governments and international organizations.
Do you want to apply your skills and energy to advancing climate diplomacy? A multi-faceted and team-oriented position with an opportunity to engage your creativity and responsibility while working on challenging projects is waiting for you. Expect an organisation with flat hierarchy, flexible working hours and a friendly and sociable environment. adelphi encourages its employees to generate their own ideas, welcoming strong commitment and fostering high motivation.
- Conceptual design: develop ideas, analyses and projects on how foreign, development and climate policy can and should evolve in view of climate-fragility risks
- Capacity Building: design trainings to effectively convey the available knowledge to policy-makers from relevant sectors (foreign, development, climate policy) and implement these
- Teamwork: build on your expertise and experience in climate, foreign and/or development policy and act as a sparring partner for your colleagues
- Policy advice: develop a thorough understanding of climate security issues and become a trusted contact person for project partners and clients from across the different sectoral communities
- Acquisition: support the team in acquiring new projects
- Communication: draft reports and opinion pieces and develop communication strategies for effectively disseminating the results and insights from your projects
- A Masters’ degree that relates to the topic
- At least 2 (senior level 5) years of relevant working experience, e.g. in international politics, climate or development policy
- Desirable: Knowledge and strong interest in the fields of climate security, conflict analysis and sensitivity, and/or peace-building
- Field research experience and ability / interest in short-term travel beyond OECD countries, including fragile countries / situations
- Excellent analytical and writing skills (German and English), ability to work in teams, and inter-cultural competence
- Competent and confident presenter in international settings, solution- and client-oriented project management
- Knowledge and experience in developing and running trainings
- Flexibility and the ability to work independently
- Desirable experience in climate adaptation and disaster risk reduction and / or with vulnerability and climate change impact assessments
- Familiarity with climate change and security arena and networks in the global south are an advantage
- Publication record targeted at policy audiences
- Knowledge of / work experience on the interface between natural resources (especially water) and conflict/cooperation is desired
- The opportunity to impact on critical public policy issues of our time – climate, foreign and development policy – in stimulating international projects
- An attractive working place located in Berlin Mitte next to the riverside, which offers a great surrounding for creative thinking and is easily reachable by public transportation
- We prioritise sustainability in our own work and employees come from a variety of cultural backgrounds.
- An attractive working place located in Berlin Mitte next to the riverside
- Continuous advancement of your competencies, active work-life balance through flexible working hours and working time models
- An attractive benefits programme
Does this sound like a perfect match for you? In that case, please submit your application documents (including cover letter, CV, salary expectations, and information about your availability) as soon as possible (until 15 January 2019) through our online application system, easily reached by clicking the "Apply" button. Thank you!