Canada nationals: Resource Manager
Bring your vision, leadership and strategic planning skills to this important role
The ministry has been developed through the amalgamation of legislative authorities in land and resource agencies to provide clients with a single point of access to natural resource authorizations and resource management services at many locations across the province. The ministry is structured in 23 districts within eight regions under the leadership of three geographically based Assistant Deputy Ministers.
In this position you will also work within natural resource management or infrastructure development (i.e., tenures, stewardship, engineering, lands, corporate services, First Nations and land information management) and is accountable for managing the delivery of district wide operations consistent with ministry priorities and objectives, legislative requirements and oversees a large team comprised of technical, administrative, and professional staff.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Derek.Lefler@gov.bc.ca . DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca , before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree in a field related to Natural Resource Management, Business/Public Administration or acceptable equivalent and 5 years of directly related experience; OR
- Diploma in a field related to Natural Resource Management, Business/Public Administration or acceptable equivalent and 5 years of directly related experience; OR
- An equivalent combination of related education and a minimum 7 years of directly related experience may also be considered.
- Directly related experience is defined as experience in natural resource management, in one or more of the following disciplines: tenures, stewardship, range, engineering, water, lands, corporate services, wildfire management, Indigenous and land information management.
- Experience developing and maintaining working relationships and resolving problems with stakeholders in natural resource management or infrastructure development.
*Preference may be given to candidates with one or more of the following:
- Experience in operational management of natural resources. Examples of operational management include field work, prescriptions, authorization or review of natural resource applications.
- Recent experience (within the last 5 years) in human resource management, including direct supervision, and in leading and coaching diverse teams.
- Experience working and collaborating with technical, supervisory and management levels over the past 5 years.
- Experience managing a program for a minimum of 2 years.
- Program administration experience including allocating resources, budget management and business planning.
- Financial management experience including budgets, forecasts, etc.).
NOTE: *This position requires regular travel throughout the District as well as travel within the Coast Area. A valid BC Class 5 Driver’s Licence (or equivalent) is required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required: NO - Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume required: YES - A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) - As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.