Water Modeler / Assistant Master Planner
Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada, and Washington with a staff of over 200 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
If you're a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
Harris & Associates is looking for a Water Modeler / Assistant Master Planner to work in our Strategic Services Group.
This individual will provide engineering analysis and technical support to project teams providing Strategic Services, specifically master planning.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Develop and calibrate water and wastewater hydraulic models
- Perform water and wastewater hydraulic modeling simulations
- Conduct database compilation and analysis
- Develop conceptual solutions to water resources engineering challenges
- Perform engineering calculations
- Document analytical or technical methodology used and validate results
- Prepare technical memorandum and reports
- Use engineering judgment to perform duties and know when to ask questions, seek assistance or perform independent research.
- Effectively interact with peers and clients through written and oral communication
- Carry out tasks assigned by the Project Managers and Directors
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2 years or more of engineering work experience, water resources engineering experience preferred
- Bachelor of Science Civil Engineering degree, EIT or higher preferred
- Preferred computer skills include hydraulic modeling software for municipal systems (i.e. water distribution and wastewater collection), GIS or similar spatial software, database management software, Word, Excel
- Written and oral communication skills sufficient to prepare project documentation and correspondence, interact effectively with other team members, occasionally interface with clients, and deliver client, public, or internal team presentations on occasion.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested and qualified candidates including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.