Intern (Agriculture/Water Management/Environmental Economics)
Internship - Agriculture/Water Management/Environmental Economics
We are seeking applications from candidates interested in an internship with the International Water Management Institute (IWMI). Candidates with an environmental or agricultural economics background will be considered to assist in a climate change vulnerability assessment. The vulnerability assessment will be carried out at both regional and household levels. Secondary data will be used for the regional-level analysis, and data from the household survey will be used for mapping vulnerability at household level.
We are seeking a candidate primarily with research experience in agriculture/water management/environmental economics, and having good management and data analysis skills.
Terms of reference
- Conduct literature reviews and writing synthesis reports of research findings.
- Collect secondary data and conduct spatial regional vulnerability analysis.
- Synthesize and analyze household survey data for household vulnerability assessment.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and working papers.
Qualifications and experience required
- Preferably, a master’s degree in agriculture/hydrology/environment and/or environmental economics; candidates with other relevant experience could also apply.
- Ability to function independently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of geographic information systems (GIS) and data analysis software (e.g. STATA).
- Good written and spoken English skills.
The duration of the internship will be 6 months. The intern will be based at IWMI’s office in New Delhi, India.
The International Water Management Institute (IWMI) is a non-profit, scientific research organization focusing on the sustainable use of water and land resources in developing countries. IWMI works in partnership with governments, civil society and the private sector to develop scalable agricultural water management solutions that have a real impact on poverty reduction, food security and ecosystem health. Headquartered in Colombo, Sri Lanka, with regional offices across Asia and Africa, IWMI is a CGIAR Research Center and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Water, Land and Ecosystems (WLE). www.iwmi.org