Environment and Natural Resources Staff Associate
Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, is accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates to join our Environment and Natural Resource (ENR) sector at the Staff Associate level. The ENR sector leads the firm’s international work in biodiversity conservation, climate adaptation and resilience, sustainable landscapes and forest management, community based natural resource management, fisheries and coastal zone management, and combatting wildlife trafficking.
This position will be based in either Arlington, VA or Burlington, VT.
* Contribute to strategies for sustainable natural resource management that integrate economic growth and governance;
* Contribute to marketing activities and new business development, including conducting scoping trips, identifying new partners and/or clients, and innovative approaches to development challenges;
* Assist in all aspects of proposal preparation: technical approach, staff identification, work plan, partner liaising, and budget development, among others;
* Provide technical assistance either for short-term international assignments or in a home office advisory capacity;
* Support all aspects of project management and contract compliance from start up to close out, as well as client communications; and
* Assist Sector Director in general market analysis for the sector, among other tasks, as directed.
* Master’s Degree in forestry, environmental sciences, natural resource management, climate change, international relations, business or other related field;
* At least 3-5 years of relevant professional experience including work overseas with strong client, supervisor, and peer recommendations;
* Demonstrated excellence and qualifications in a natural resources management or related field (e.g., forestry, biodiversity conservation, watershed management, geography, community based natural resources management, anthropology/sociology, property rights, human rights, resource economics, climate change adaptation, environmental compliance and management);
* Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, cross cultural teams - in the Home Office and the field - with strong written, oral, and presentation skills;
* Demonstrated commitment to client satisfaction, through technical excellence of deliverables and/or managerial strengths in scope, schedule, and budget;
* Functional competence in French and/or Spanish;
* Highly proficient in MS Office applications;
* Must be comfortable working on concurrent projects and activities with poise and professionalism;
* This position requires frequent short-term international field work (25%) and
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is an absolute requirement.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* A list of at least 3 professional references including contact information
* A writing sample of which the applicant is the sole author, no more than 10 pages
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech's IDS ad posted.
Apply online ONLY at http://ow.ly/yJB130ms0vM
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.