Water Resources Engineer
We are currently looking for an Intermediate Water Resources Engineer to join our Vancouver Water and Marine Group. This position will be part of a dynamic team of engineers and scientists engaged in a wide range of local and national hydrotechnical projects providing engineering and scientific services in a wide range of hydrotechnical disciplines, including Hydrology, River Engineering, Stormwater Management, Hydraulic Modelling, Oceanography and Limnology, and Municipal Engineering.
The ideal candidate is passionate about and enjoys working on a wide variety of water resources and environmental projects from planning through to design and construction, including: hydrology/hydraulics, water quality, stormwater management, water supply, water conservation, and design and construction services for stormwater and other water resources infrastructure. The ability to see tasks through to completion is critical.
- Conducting field investigations and developing engineering solutions for several types of projects including: river engineering, flood and erosion control, pump systems, stormwater and sanitary pipes, water conveyance systems, dams, bridge and culvert hydraulics, channel enhancement, sediment transport, stormwater management, and hydrology.
- Leading modelling tasks using tools such as PCSWMM-2D, FLO-2D, RiverFlow2D, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, and GoldSim.
- Planning projects, developing accurate scopes of work, cost estimates, project plans, schedules and deliverables to execute high quality projects on time and on budget
- Supporting the development of detailed design plans and tender documents
- Support Construction Management activities including full time inspection
- Executing projects in compliance with Tetra Tech Canada Quality Management System procedures, communicate with team and client, reconcile financials, and archive files upon completion
- Developing, mentoring and coaching project teams
- Maintaining current knowledge of leading edge project management practices
- Writing proposals and developing Statements of Qualifications
- Liaising between Tetra Tech’s offices across Canada and the clients
- Participating in business development activities for the Water and Marine Group
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- A Master’s or a Ph.D. in Civil Engineering with specialization in water resources engineering is considered an asset
- Over 5 years of progressive relevant engineering experience is essential
- Proven capabilities in planning and supervising hydrotechnical investigations and in writing reports and technical communications
- Strong academic knowledge of hydrotechnical engineering
- Experience with both standard office software and hydraulic and hydrologic modeling software, are essential for this position
- Experience or aptitude for proposal writing, client development, working in a team setting to meet timelines and other skills appropriate to consulting
- Registered P.Eng. (Professional Engineer) in British Columbia
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
A requirement of working for Tetra Tech is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in Canada. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing may be required.
All qualified candidates will be considered for the role and will be eligible for relocation allowance if selected (and are located outside of British Columbia or Alberta).
This is a permanent full-time, salaried position. We offer a great place to work, and an engaging culture that is based on innovation, collaboration and integrity. Our compensation plan includes a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package, and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement.