Data Intern (Water Programs)
As a Water Programs Data Intern, you’ll help ensure the integrity of our data and keep records accurate, up-to-date, and accessible.
* You’ll review, clean, and organize data sets from many different sources to systematically fit into a database.
* You'll perform basic analysis of survey data collected from households.
* You'll ensure strong data management, making sure all incoming data is version-controlled and appropriately organized, and that our current stats are up-to-date.
* You'll draft reports to present quantitative information in a compelling way.
* You’ll assist the water programs M&E team with other special projects to support our global water project work.
You love Excel.
You enjoy cleaning, reconciling, entering, sorting, and updating spreadsheets. You find joy in things like pivot tables, macros, and VLookups.
You're extremely detail-oriented.
You live in the details. You believe good is the enemy of great, not the other way around. You can find the smallest of errors in Excel formulas, in data entry, and everywhere.
You're flexible and a quick responder.
You like special projects and learning new things. The problem we’re trying to solve as an organization is dynamic, and each day brings fresh and exciting challenges. You can react quickly and efficiently when called upon to change direction.
You're not only driven - you can drive your own boat.
You are committed to solving the world water crisis and are aware that keeping track of thousands of water projects takes a lot of hard work. You welcome the challenge. You are a self-starter and take initiative on any projects assigned. You are not afraid to admit mistakes and you fix what you can right away.
You'll start in January and commit until May. We'll need you for 20 hours a week. This position is unpaid, but we're happy to work with your institution to provide academic credit.