Legal Affairs Expert (IWRM Programme Consultancy)
NIRAS has been shortlisted for the KfW supported Provision of Consultancy Services for the implementation of the Lake Victoria Basin Integrated Water Resources Management (LVBC-IWRM) Programme - Lot 1: IWRM Program Consultant.
The main objective of the IWRM Programme Consultancy is to support and build the capacity of Lake Victoria Basin Commission (LVBC) on the management of the LVB-IWRM Programme and ensure its implementation as planned. Furthermore, the IWRM Programme Consultant (IPC) shall develop and implement an IWRM database, an IWRM model, and shall support the development of a regional, approved IWRM project pipeline.
The Scope of Work includes:
- Provide technical assistance in developing the Programme Operation Manual at the regional level
- Evaluate and assess the draft model Project and Funding Agreement for revisions to ensure that there is clear physical scope of the projects, roles and responsibilities of stakeholders, and financing schedule are in line
- Provide technical assistance in reviewing existing IWRM strategic documents and policies of partner states
- Lead the formulation of the IWRM strategy that will include national, regional, and international level
Only the experts meeting the set criteria will be shortlisted and contacted.
- PhD or Masters Degree in Law, International Relations, International Studies, or relevant field
- Must be knowledgeable about the policies of partner states with LVBC
Professional experience required
- At least 10 - 15 years minimum professional experience required
- 2 - 5 years professional experience in sub-Saharan African Countries
- Must have 3 - 5 years experience in International Agreements
- Must have experience working with government agencies/ units at various levels
- Knowledge in Integrated Water Resource Management
Deadline For Applications