Senior/Principal River Modeler (UK Projects)
Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets.
We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate more than €3.4 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world.
We are now recruiting talented individuals to fill our current vacancy for Senior/Principal River Modeler to work on our UK projects in Bangalore.
To be considered for a role we are seeking candidates with the following credentials:
• Senior/Principal River Modeler – (UK Projects).
Qualification & Experience;
• Degree in appropriate analytical discipline (e.g. Civil Engineering, Geography, Environmental Science)
• Preferably a further degree in e.g. Engineering Hydrology, River & Coastal Engineering, Water Resources Technology
• Chartered with CIWEM or ICE
Principal Duties & Key Responsibilities;
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Setting the technical direction for modelling studies and flood risk projects
• Produce and lead flood risk assessments
• Recruiting, supporting, developing and line managing junior River Modellers
• Resolving technical modelling issues on projects
• Carrying out technical reviews of hydraulic models and Flood Risk Assessments
• Supporting the preparation of project proposals / bids / fee estimates
• Managing components of projects, taking responsibility for own resource and resource allocation of others, quality assurance and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications
• Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
• Ensuring compliance in the components of the project for which you have responsibility, including drawings, reports, specifications and studies
• Experience in commercial aspects of projects relating to projects for which responsible
• Liaising with the Project Director or Manager
• Providing input to project team, leading by example to achieve sector goals and championing quality and innovation.
• Assisting and participating in developing yourself and other team members to their full potential
• Gaining experience of and being familiar and compliant with, relevant H & S regulations and promoting a culture of awareness within the team
• Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager or Arcadis
• Ability and experience (minimum of 6 years) in leading fluvial modelling studies using ISIS / TUFLOW / ESTRY / FLOOD MODELLER PRO software
• Excellent communication and analytical skills
• Excellent report writing skills
• Ability to manage commercial aspects of projects
• Ability to lead and carryout Flood Risk Assessments and an in depth knowledge of UK flood risk policy (NPPF and TAN15)
• Line management experience
• Experience of Surface Water Management Plans and SuDS
• Experience in water resource assessments, undertaking Environmental Impact Assessments and preparing Environmental Statements in line with UK EIA regulations 2017.
What do we offer?
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.