U.S. citizens: Watershed Representative
Training position with developmental assignments made to familiarize the incumbent with a broad range of watershed operations teams functions. With increasing experience, the incumbent’s duties will expand to encompass greater responsibility in the Resource Stewardship process areas. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in developing, reviewing, and updating long-range watershed-based strategies for protecting and improving the quality of water resources.
- Assist in establishing partnerships with a diverse array of individuals, groups, and agencies to solve water quality and land use issues.
- Assist with public meetings and coalition building.
- Assist with land use requests and review and assist with processing applications for Section 26a approvals in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Assist in water quality improvement implementation initiatives and provide technical support to watershed coalitions.
- Evaluate shoreline management requests seeking alignment with watershed improvement and cultural protection goals.
- Support implementation of shoreline improvement projects, resource management and recreational projects as outlined in performance plans.
Assignments are well defined in management plans and project descriptions and/or given verbally or in writing by supervisor or senior staff person, who outlines objectives to be achieved and sets priorities and deadlines. Assignments conducted in accordance with standard procedures. Work is reviewed while in progress and at completion. Frequency and intensity of reviews will be reduced over time as expertise is developed.
Skills and Proficiencies (May be job or organization specific)
Basic understanding of ecological & water quality concepts & theories; basic knowledge of land use & water quality assessment & management principles & practices; apply scientific principles to work functions; basic knowledge of project management principles; conduct accurate information recovery & data analysis; use PC for data analysis, word processing, & spreadsheet development; organize work well; oral & written communications.
Minimum Qualifications (Consistent with Classification Standard)
Education and Experience/Certificates, Licenses, and Registration Requirements/Other Requirement
Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in environmental science, aquatic ecology, limnology, natural resource management, or closely related field or equivalent experience. Advanced degree desired.
Equal Employment Opportunity
TVA values and embraces diversity. We encourage all individuals to apply regardless of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex, abilities/disabilities, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status and age. We strive to be inclusive of all the people we serve across the Valley.
TVA is an Equal Opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws and regulations regarding equal employment opportunities. Any applicant or employee who believes s/he has a discrimination claim (including harassment or retaliation) must contact TVA’s Equal Opportunity Compliance office within 45 calendar days of the event or action s/he believes to constitute discrimination, harassment, or retaliation.
All TVA Non-Nuclear employees are covered by TVA's Federal Drug-Free Workplace Program Plan, in accordance with Executive Order 12564, Public Law 100-71 and the Mandatory Guidelines for Federal Workplace Drug Testing. Information regarding the Drug Free Workplace Program can be found at www.workplace.samhsa.gov. TVA Non-Nuclear employees in Testing Designated Positions, including those performing safety-sensitive duties are also subject to random drug testing. TVA Nuclear employees are subject to random alcohol and drug tests in accordance with 10 CFR Part 26 as mandated by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
How to Claim Vet Preference
If you are a U.S. Military Veteran and would like to be considered a preference-eligible veteran for the purposes of your employment application to TVA, please take the necessary actions outlined in the application process. Please submit your military documents each time you apply for a position.
How to Submit Documentation:
1) Upload documents after you complete the application by clicking Careers Home, Cover Letters and Attachments, and Add Attachment, or
2) Email documents to