The Global Environment & Technology Foundation (GETF) seeks an energetic, proactive, self-motivated, and strategically-minded Communications Manager to lead communication efforts on behalf of the Foundation’s water, sanitation, women’s empowerment, and development programs around the world.
GETF is a non-profit organization with a mission to advance sustainable development through public-private partnerships and targeted action. GETF works with public and private partners to build sustainable communities through the creation of high-impact partnerships, introducing new technologies and managing programs that have a lasting and positive impact on the world. A majority of GETF’s impact is in sub-Saharan Africa. The goals of these programs include improving access to water supply and sanitation, protecting watersheds and promoting the productive use of water. GETF's partners include Fortune 100 companies, the U.S. Government, foundations and non-government organizations.
The Communications Manager will oversee all aspects of communication efforts across a programmatically diverse and global portfolio. The candidate must be able to prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work effectively and calmly under the pressure of deadlines.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Overseeing and implementing all aspects of communications activities across GETF’s portfolio;
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with external agencies and professionals as well as liaising with partner organization communications teams and external media;
- Support for communication, campaign design, implementation, and reporting – to include all aspects of creative brainstorming, budgeting, pitching, vendor selection and management, content creation, copywriting and editing, campaign execution, and impact tracking;
- Developing ad hoc and stand-alone content such as blog posts, articles, impact stories, press releases, infographics, talking points and speeches, executive briefing documents, presentation decks, podcasts, and videos for both internal and external audiences;
- Managing all aspects of social media campaigns across diverse platforms;
- Coordinating with Project Managers to collect and synthesize project monitoring and evaluation data to drive content and campaign creation;
- Preparing and formatting PowerPoint presentations and slides;
- Coordinating events and stakeholder visits to projects abroad;
- Developing, implementing, and tracking newsletters and other regular communications through the MailChimp platform;
- Field production and content direction for photo and video asset commissioning, including logistical support and planning as well as creative execution;
- Maintaining and updating websites and microsites through Strikingly and WordPress content management systems;
- Conducting research on sustainability, international development, water, agricultural, sanitation, gender, and communications issues and synthesizing/drafting findings reports;
- Innovating opportunities to engage diverse audience segments through emerging means (VR, AR, mobile apps, social media, etc.); and,
- Cataloging photographs and managing multi-media asset libraries, responding to requests for assets from partner communications teams.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Advertising, English, Design or related field.
Experience: Candidates must possess 3-5 years of related work experience with a background in communications, graphic design, journalism, or related field. Familiarity with and experience in international development, environmental policy, water resources management, and corporate sustainability issues preferred. French or Arabic language skills are highly desirable, but not required for this role.
Additional skills, knowledge and abilities required:
- Avid user of diverse social media platforms who understands website structure and functionality, and can design content and front ends to pass off to developers;
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience in design, branding, layout, color theory, typography, and UI/UX in all multi-media formats;
- Familiarity with analytics for digital communications and media tracking, ability to craft reports on communications efforts to explain their impact to those unfamiliar with communications;
- Intermediate to advanced level proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, Lightroom);
- Exceptional administrative, organizational and management abilities;
- Ability to establish priorities and handle multiple competing and shifting projects effectively; and
- Self-sufficient problem solver that thrives in an autonomous work environment yet can collaborate effectively as a team player.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter via email to Jenny Bennett, Director of Operations, at by November 16, 2018.