Advisor on transboundary water resources management
The Organisational Advisory Services for the Lake Chad Basin Commission Project forms part of the development cooperation programme entitled Sustainable Water Resources Management of the Lake Chad Basin, Africa supraregional, which is being carried out together with the German Federal Institute for Geosciences and Natural Resources (BGR). The project is financed by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The aim of the project is to advise the Lake Chad Basin Commission (LCBC) on how to provide its member states with competent and independent support, especially in coping with the challenges caused by climate change in the catchment area of Lake Chad. In particular, its objective is to enable LCBC to competently perform the duties set out under its Statute in projects with a cross-border impact. The project is being implemented in Chad with the close involvement of LCBC’s other member states, namely Cameroon, the Central African Republic, Libya, Niger and Nigeria.
- Working with the partner to refine the strategy on transboundary water resources management in order to improve cooperation with the member states
- Providing advice on strategic planning, organisational development and climate change adaptation measures
- Developing Capacity WORKS instruments
- Applying monitoring and evaluation (M&E) tools and results monitoring
- Coordinating advisor assignments in the fields of activity
- Providing support with cash and expenditure planning
- Providing project administration support
- Drafting articles and creating presentations and publications
- University degree in a science subject
- Several years’ professional experience in cross-border cooperation, water resources management and organisational development
- Experience of managing complex projects
- Good conceptual and analytical skills and excellent communicaton skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, to work under pressure and demonstrate flexibility
- Possess social and intercultural skills and awareness
- Fluency in German, English and French
Chad is subject to compensated time off (CTO) regulations.
The security situation is very tense. Special precautionary measures apply to GIZ employees on the ground.
You must comply with GIZ’s security requirements at all times. Please also ensure that you always consult the country-specific information issued by the German Federal Foreign Office.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.